Sem estar a ser exaustivo aqui ficam links para as instituições responsáveis por alguns dos standards internacionais que envolvem a pratica dos bibliotecários:
- AACR - Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules (AACR)
- Dublin Core- The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative
- IFLA - Division of Bibliographic Control
- ISBN - The International Standard Book Number
- ISSN - International Standard Serial Number
- MARC Standards - MARC standards
- NISO - National Information Standards Organization - NISO standard developed through consensus, identifies model methods, materials, or practices for libraries, bibliographic and information services, and publishers.
- ONIX - ONIX for Books Product Information Message is the international standard for representing and communicating book industry product information in electronic form
- TEI - The Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) Guidelines are an international and interdisciplinary standard that facilitates libraries, museums, publishers, and individual scholars represent a variety of literary and linguistic texts for online research, teaching, and preservation.